Search Poet Finest

Tuesday 3 April 2018

Before The Execution.

BEFORE THE EXECUTION
By Pelican.

The wind of regret blows,
This deep feeling of despair grows,
All that remains is a mirage,
Parked all my shortcomings into wishful garage,
Locked up in this prison of inaction,
Silence and patiently waiting are now my only reaction,
I guess my cup is full,
It's clear I've been a fool,
I wish I didn't do the things I did,
I wish to turn back time and go back to being a kid,
I wish I wasn't a blind believer of love,
I wish I can just fly away like a dove,
Heartbreak seems to be my shadow,
Tears seems to be my pillow,
Emptiness is all I see when I look into the mirror,
Turned out to be the villain in my quest of being the hero,
Waiting for the end is a tough wait,
Memories of love now filled with hate,
Someday this prison door will be open,
But it's not for freedom,
It's for the day my eyes will no longer be woken,
Elegy and eulogy will be the anthem,
An ode on that day will be condemned,
But that's not really the day I died,
I died the day for you I cried,
For me there will be no resurrection,
Heartbroken, I died many times before my execution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Footsteps on mud

They are derelict structures Inhabited not even by flowing air They are tongues that osculate With no one but themselves Their eye'...