Search Poet Finest

Sunday 18 February 2018

My dark side


For the first time, I'm writing a poem in which I reveal my dark side.
You've tortured, bruised me, I'm quiet no more like a dumb child.
You threatened me not to talk, I'm done frightened, I'm screaming, my mouth opened wide.
If what you claimed was a game and so interesting, then why did we always have to hide.
Mom and Dad were just too busy to notice, for they left me in your custody.
You were supposed to care for me, treat me well, now you've left my heart in jeopardy.
I'm terrified, so scared of the dark, I don't even notice when the dog barks.
My feelings have been drowned inside, can someone help me bring them back?
Finally I'm all grown now and gray, but yes the scar still remains.
And when I remember my childhood, I reminisce and sit in pains.
I'll do my best to live my life, stay positive, at least I've tried.
But how can I ever forget you and suppress my dark side?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Footsteps on mud

They are derelict structures Inhabited not even by flowing air They are tongues that osculate With no one but themselves Their eye'...