Search Poet Finest

Wednesday 25 October 2017

I do not have a romantic bone in my body

I don't have a romantic bone in my body.
But I do know how the pre-wedding photo will look.
Me, in my red gown.
He, in a black suit his tie, the same shade of red as my gown.
I'll sit, he'll stand. His hand on my shoulder my hand over his. I'll be smiling up at him and he at me.
We're beautiful
I know what the reception will be like.
Music
Don Williams
Celin Dion
Michael Jackson
We'll slow dance to Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud. Throw in some Naija jams and we're lit!
I see it clearly, life after the party. I'll get on your nerves, pick fights, say sorry and be forgiven.
I'll get mad and get over it.
No malice. No silent treatment.
We'll talk, we'll laugh, we'll cry. We'll go for long walks in the evenings.
He'll cook and join me to do the dishes.
We'll do laundry together.
He'll be my rock and I'll be his.
I'll call him something awful he'll call me the sweetest names.
We'll live mostly happily.
I do not have a romantic bone in my body.
                                     -anonymous-

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it will be such a lovely wedding reception

    ReplyDelete

Footsteps on mud

They are derelict structures Inhabited not even by flowing air They are tongues that osculate With no one but themselves Their eye'...